Wonder Environmental Studies
Wonder Environmental Studies is a series of five books on Environmental Studies for classes 1 to 5 that focuses on igniting curiosity in young minds and propel them towards collecting knowledge regarding the environment and the Earth.
Salient features of the series are given below:
- Beautiful and attractive layout.
- Updated information and data.
- Colourful illustrations and pictures support and enrich the text.
- Lesson View reveals what the learners are about to study.
- Knocking at the Door offers a pre-lesson concept or idea about the lesson.
- Teaching Tips offers suggestions to the teacher to make the learning more practical and effective.
- Do and Learn includes simple activities and experiments to help the students understand concepts more effectively.
- Fact File adds some extra but relevant information for the learners.
- Quick Question offers some in-text questions to check the progress of the students.
- Key Terms presents meaning and explanation of new words and terms.
- Summing Up summarises the whole lesson for quick revision.
- Surprise Box is given after every few chapters to incorporate QR-code based learning. As soon as the QR code is scanned, the student will be taken to an interesting video/website which will discuss more about the topic in concern.
- HOTS includes thought provoking questions to increase logical thinking of the learners.
- Life Skills includes questions/suggestion to ponder over at a particular situation that demands knowledge of skills learnt in the lesson.
- Fun Zone and Activity Time offers practical and experimental exercises to correlate theoretical and practical knowledge.
Concept Charts booklet has been given in class 3-5, which facilitates easier teaching and understanding of important topics of the chapter in brief, especially useful before assessments.